- Remote Counsellor and EMDR Therapist
Melanie is a qualified, BACP Registered Counsellor who works with young people aged 15 and over and with adults. She is also a qualified EMDR therapist providing therapy to adults.
Life can feel very difficult sometimes and I am here to support you if you are having a tough time. Maybe you are facing major changes in your life, such as loss or relationship issues, and you are struggling to adjust. I can help you with strategies so that you feel calmer and better able to cope and:
- Understand the reasons behind your difficult emotions and develop ways to manage your mood and feel better about yourself.
- Work on behaviours or ways of relating to others that cause you problems.
- Recover from use of unhealthy coping strategies (addictive behaviours or substance misuse) and develop healthy ways to cope.
- Improve self-esteem and confidence so you can achieve your personal and professional goals.
I use therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing), Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy to help you move on from your present difficulties. I work to high professional standards, providing complete confidentiality and privacy for you.
My approach is non-judgemental, empathic and focussed on empowering you to develop greater resilience and more effective problem-solving strategies. I offer appointments online (using Zoom) at flexible times so that you can access the support that I can provide from the comfort of your own home.
Qualifications & Experience
Foundation Degree in Counselling. University of Teesside
NCFE Level 3 Counselling Skills and Theory. Middlesbrough College
National Professional Qualification in Integrated Centre Leadership. University of Wolverhampton
NCFE Level 2 Counselling Skills. Darlington College
Advanced Diploma in Management Practice. University of Newcastle upon Tyne
BSc (Hons) Environmental Studies. University of Hertfordshire